.

My New "Yearn for Freedom" Blog;
www.yearnforfreedom.blogspot.com

Friday, June 23, 2017

Graveyard Bar Song

Graveyard Bar
copyright 6-22-2017 by Sharon R. Poet

I went to the bar for just one more drink
Could have stayed but needed time to think.
So I am at the grave yard talking to a stone
Although it cannot hear me, I am not alone
On my long way here, inside a crooked turn,
I thought I saw a Dove - something I can learn.
There's a white butterfly slowly flitting by
While I vent anguish over my heart's need to cry
I want to feel peace here, but am wound up tight
Puffing another cigarette and waiting for the Light.
Just one more stoke and then yet another sip
To stop the quiver inside my tightest lip.
Trees are still living and standing tall and strong,
Like I wish I were outside this bar-room song.

CHORUS; I took my bar-room to the graveyard where I sit alone
Talking to the shadows beneath a strangers stone.
Took my bar-room to the graveyard and its amazing what I saw.
Am I really just "crazy?" Am I? Am I totally nuts?
Or am I just someone who dares to see too much?

There's an America flag trying to wave in tall grass.
And I have too many questions that I cannot ask.
Oh fly high for us your stripes and brightest stars.
Sooth away our pain and embrace our scars.
I truly do Love you. Oh, why can't you see?
I just want us saved - them and you and me.
Can't you feel it. . . beneath stories untold -
The pain and confusion honesty can unfold?

Four Turkeys meander toward a hunting Hawk
Who flies into thick trees and begins to talk.
Shine a Light for them, God, clear and strong.
Their difficulties have been too hard and long.
Hawk circles and calls above the tallest tree.
Then a little Blue jay comes to screech at me.
Why must they bicker? Dear Blue Jay stand for us
With the Hawks and Doves, and stop all the fuss.

CHORUS; I took my bar-room to the graveyard where I sit alone
Talking to the shadows beneath a strangers stone.
Took my bar-room to the graveyard and its amazing what I saw.
Am I really just "crazy?" Am I? Am I totally nuts?
Or am I just someone who dares to see too much?

Oh, I don't want to notice, but there it is again -
Jesus on a cross! They're still killing Him!
Raven issues a warning from a dieing tree.
God please shine a Light for Jesus and for me.
"The world is a mess and I am a mess," I dare moan.
How can things get better if we accept the bones?
There's a broken white stone with an empty face.
No name or date or stamp to mark its little place.
This song was broken by a stalker and microwaves.
The rest remains unspoken around the empty graves.

CHORUS; I took my bar-room to the graveyard where I sit alone
Talking to the shadows beneath a strangers stone.
Took my bar-room to the graveyard and its amazing what I saw.
Am I really just "crazy?" Am I? Am I totally nuts?
Or am I just someone who dares to see too much?

PS. I wrote this yesterday. Its still a work in progress.