.

My New "Yearn for Freedom" Blog;
www.yearnforfreedom.blogspot.com

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Its Not Supposed to be This Way

   I have felt deeply hurt by the sabotaging and targeting of my life. Sometimes I look back and remember the dreams I had for my future. There is so much that I wanted to do with my life. And the thought of never having the freedom to recover, and aim to do what I need to do with my life, is just too sad. Sometimes I wonder where I went wrong and what I could do differently, but introspection is difficult to do when under such distress and with microwaves interfering with my brain. I feel trapped and try to take one day at a time, but each time I look out at the world, and the scope of what is happening to many of us, a little tearful voice echos from the depths of my heart, "its not supposed to be this way," because its not.

Too many Hearts with too little to say.
It doesn't have to be this way.
Too many wars and too few to pray.
Its not supposed to be this way.
Too many lives being wasted away.
It doesn't have to be this way.
Too many minds being twisted like clay.
Its not supposed to be this way.
Too much silence supporting dark days.
It doesn't have to be this way.
Its not supposed to be this way.
Its not!

   This poem was inspired by my experiences with being targeted and the song, "Tell me why" by little Declan Galbraith; "In my dreams children sing a song of love for every boy and girl. The sky is blue, fields are green and laughter is the language of the world. Then I wake and all I see is a world full of people in need. Tell me why. Does it have to be like this? Tell me why. Is there something I have missed? Tell me why. Cause I don't understand, When so many need somebody, We don't give a helping hand. Tell me why. Every day I ask myself what will I have to do to be a man? Do I have to stand and fight to prove to everybody who I am? Is this what my life is for - to waste in a world full of war? Tell me why. Does it have to be like this?. . .Just tell me why. . . Tell me why (why, why do we pass the blame). Tell me why (why, why does it never end). Can some one tell us why we cannot just be friends?"